Takeaways from ProMat 2023
Check out this week’s episode for a recap of all the cool robots at ProMat 2023.
Listen to this article
We attended the ProMat 2023 event in Chicago. In episode 109 of Robot Report Podcast, co-hosts Steve Crowe and Mike Oitzman discuss news and stories from the event. Also in this week’s episode, Mike highlights news regarding the future of AI and robotics from the recent Nvidia GTC event.
2023 ProMat review
New robotics companies at the show include:
- Multipath Robotics
- Robotics Slips
- Pickle Robots
The most interesting robotics solutions on the show:
For a full summary of our editors’ picks for robotics at ProMat 2023, check out this story.
Robotics Summit & Expo (May 10-11) returns to Boston
- Omniverse Cloud for enterprises is now available as a platform as a service (PaaS) for compute-intensive workloads such as synthetic data generation.
- The Issac ROS DP3 release adds new perceptual capabilities and open source modules
- New package of lidar based grid localizer
- New person detection support in the NVBLOX package
- GPU-accelerated 3D reconstruction for collision avoidance
- Updated VSLAM and depth perception GEM
- NITROS source release, NVIDIA ROS 2 hardware accelerated implementation
- New Isaac ROS benchmark suite created
- Robots Report story about Nvidia GTC
- IMPORTANT: Casual chat between Jenson and Ilya Sutskever, Co-founder and Chief Scientist, OpenAI (NVIDIA GTC site)