MSSP to MSSP Tips – Building Profitable vCISO Practices
In today’s fast-paced and ever-changing digital landscape, businesses of all sizes face a myriad of cybersecurity threats. Putting in place the right people, technology tools and services, MSSPs are in a great position to ensure their customers’ cyber resilience.
The increasing need for SMEs and SMEs for structured cybersecurity services can be leveraged by MSPs and MSSPs to provide strategic cybersecurity services such as virtual CISO services (vCISO), which generate recurring revenue and high margins while differentiating service providers from their competitors.
There is consensus among MSPs and MSSPs that starting a vCISO practice is a great business opportunity, but how can you do it successfully?
Cynomi has tapped into its best network of vCISO service providers and invited three of them to a panel discussion, where they shared tips on getting started and scaling vCISO practices, and most importantly – how to stay profitable
This panel discussion is for MSPs and MSSPs who are looking to expand their cybersecurity service offerings.
This webinar is from Cynomi featuring three experienced MSSP leaders:
- Randy Griffith, CISO Global
- Eric Anderson, Atlantic Data Security
- Chris Bevil, Info Systems
They share their insights based on real-life experiences and their tips on the following topics:
- Key considerations when starting or upgrading a vCISO practice
- Where to start
- Key terms and prerequisites
- How to position your services and educate customers
- How to sell vCISO services
Among the insights from this discussion:
- Customers usually ask for their MSSP specific cybersecurity products, but this is not a necessity that will help them achieve their goals. It’s up to you as their MSSP to listen carefully and do it root of their needs. Consequently, you may end up offering a vCISO service rather than a specific product.
- Offering vCISO services is a key growth driver as it helps end customers close the cybersecurity skills gap they face.
- The human touch is mandatory when offering vCISO services. Automation and technology will make your business operations efficient and scalable, but you will always need people to operate it.
- Using the vCISO platform is a significant differentiator, as it keeps your methodology consistent and eliminates the need to defend your work when presenting it to a customer’s executive management team.
Check out the full discussion to learn best practices, from seasoned professionals who have built successful vCISO practices, on how to deliver high-quality vCISO services without overspending and gain valuable insights that will help you succeed in this fast-growing field.
Watch the webinar Here.