That Makeblock mBot Ranger is a 3-in-1 robot building kit designed for 10 year olds teaching robot building and programming in a fun and engaging way.
1. Three different robot configurations
- That mBot Ranger can be configured into three different robots: a tank robot, a three-wheeled racing car and a self-balancing car. This allows children to learn about the different types of robots and how they work.
- mBot Ranger can be programmed using the mBlock software, which is based on Scratch 2.0. It allows children to learn coding and programming skills in a fun and interactive way.
3. Easy to build
- The kit is solidly built, mostly metal, and has an easy-to-understand architecture. It comes with tools for creating several different iterations and lots of add-ons for customization.
4. Direct learning
- mBot Ranger combines building and programming, functionality and hands-on learning. This allows children to learn by doing and see the results of their work in action.
5. Control from smartphone or tablet
- mBot Ranger can be controlled from a smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth if programming isn’t your thing. This lets kids control their robot remotely.
6. Great for beginner level coding lessons
- That mBot Ranger is a great entry level coding robot kit. It’s easy and simple to build and control, making it a great choice for kids just starting to learn about coding and robotics.
These features make it a versatile and educational tool for teaching kids about robotics and coding.
That Makeblock mBot Ranger is an educational robot with powder coated metal parts and an Arduino compatible main board called Me Auriga. Overall, Makeblock mBot Ranger comes with a suite of hardware and sensors that allow it to navigate, detect obstacles, follow paths, respond to light, and be controlled remotely. Here are some of the hardware and sensors in the kit:
1. I mainboard Auriga
- The Me Auriga mainboard is an Arduino compatible board that provides a wide range of features and interface.
- This is the brain of the robot and allows it to be programmed and controlled.
- The Me Auriga board integrates a variety of sensors, including a gyro sensor, temperature sensor, sound sensor and ultrasonic sensor
2. Ultrasonic sensors
- mBot Ranger comes with an ultrasonic sensor that can detect obstacles and measure distances.
- This allows the robot to navigate and avoid obstacles.
3. Line follower sensor
- The kit also includes a line follow sensor that can detect and follow lines on the ground.
- This allows the robot to follow a path and stay on track.
4. Light sensor
- mBot Ranger has a light sensor that can detect light intensity.
- This allows the robot to respond to changes in light and adjust its behavior accordingly.
5. Infrared receiver
- The kit includes an infrared receiver which enables the robot to receive signals from the remote control.
- This allows the robot to be controlled remotely.
6. Gyro sensor
- Gyro sensors can be used to determine the movement and posture of the robot.
- It can be used to create self-balancing robots.
7. Temperature sensor
- The temperature sensor can be used to measure the ambient temperature.
- This can be used to build robots that respond to changes in temperature.
8. Sound sensor
- Sound sensors can be used to detect sound intensity.
- This can be used to build robots that respond to sound, such as a robot that moves toward a loud sound.
mBot Ranger is a sturdily built, mostly metal kit, with an easy-to-understand architecture. It comes with tools for creating several different iterations and lots of add-ons for customization. The user manual is excellent and lists all the components in the kit. mBlock’s interface is fairly intuitive, especially if kids have already used Scratch or another block-based language, so kids are likely to figure out how to program Ranger through exploration. Overall, Makeblock mBot Ranger is easy to use and a great tool for teaching kids about robotics, coding and hands-on learning.
That The mBot Ranger makeblock is an excellent DIY kit for kids to build different types of robots, write code and control them from a smartphone or tablet. It’s a great tool for teaching kids about robotics, coding, and hands-on learning.
mbot Ranger and more MakeBlock products can be found Here.