Crypto & Blockchain News

Successful Launch of SOMESING’s Beta Service, ‘My Hand-Carry Studio Karaoke App’


A second 3AC NFT auction is scheduled to take place this month at Sotheby’s, and Epic Games plans to list NFT games in its store.

‘Charity project rug’ according to Pixel Penguin

This week, non-fungible-token (NFT) project Pixel Penguin stirred up controversy over what blockchain investigator ZachXBT claims is a “rug of charity projects”.

The project quietly debuted in February, but received significant attention on May 31 as a result of a thread started by Andrew Wang, a Web3 influencer, on Twitter.

Pixel Penguins were allegedly created by Wang’s friend Sarah, also known online as Hopeexist1, who had “created a collection to help herself fight cancer”.

Wang advertised the product for $13 mint, claiming that 20% of the proceeds would go to charity and the remaining 80% would go towards Hopeexist1’s recognized cancer therapy.

Wang stated, “I would put my rep on the phone to say this is real amidst all the scams in our space,” and continued, “I often talk to his art teacher when he goes for treatment and he says he is the best. student he once had, that his talent was too precious, that he had to survive.

After that, the Pixel Penguins NFT quickly sold out, and the base price increased from 0.0099 ETH to around 0.0126 ETH, or around $130. However, upon further investigation, members of the NFT community claimed that the author may have lied about having cancer and previously made money through selling stolen artwork.

After discovering the Pixel Penguin smart contract, which held over $117,000 in ETH, ZachXBT tracked the money as it transferred to two new wallet addresses.

Hopeexist1 then deactivated their Twitter account and disappeared as a result. Since then, the base price of the NFT has fallen to 0.004 ETH, or $7.

More blockchain games will be added to the Epic Games Store.

Along with five blockchain games already live and playable, Epic Games will soon be adding two more to its store.

One of the future games is Defimons, a free-to-play turn-based multiplayer RPG with Pokemon influence.

Game titles will be used for in-game cash and NFT combat monster characters. Release date not provided on Epic Games Store.

Another blockchain game is called Project Red, and it also has a first-person shooter game mode in addition to an open world component that seems to be influenced by games like Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row.

Early gameplay reveals that in order to progress through more difficult stages and interact with the game’s play-to-earn features, players must purchase NFT Mobsters.

While many traditional gamers still have serious reservations about Web3 gaming, Epic Games didn’t shy away from this market when it initially listed Blankos Block Party as the first in its store in September 2022.

In March, Epic Games notified Axios that they intended to launch around 20 additional blockchain games between late 2023 and early 2024.

The second part of the Three Arrows NFT garage sale

The second round of a $2.5 million NFT auction from now-defunct crypto hedge fund Three Arrows Capital (3AC) is scheduled to take place this month.

The Grails, the NFT pool from 3AC, includes tokens from well-known projects such as CrytoPunks, Fidenzas Tyler Hobbs, and Dmitri Cherniak Ring.

37 of 3AC’s NFTs will be put up for auction by Sotheby’s in its second round, scheduled for June 15, in what it calls “the largest digital art auction ever”.

Entry to the Metaverse belongs to Kellogg

According to reports, Kellogg’s has filed a long list of trademark applications for several of its food brands relating to the Metaverse, NFTs, collectibles, and cryptocurrency tokens.

Froot Loops, Frosted Flakes, Special K, and Pop-Tarts are some of the brands.

Mike Kondoudis, a trademark attorney licensed by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, claims that the company has expressed interest in launching anything from NFT avatars to crypto collectibles, virtual environments, and VR games centered around cryptocurrencies.

Various Nifty News

Over the last year, the value of some of 2022’s most valuable NFT collections has dropped dramatically. Investments in well-known projects such as Doodles, Invisible Friends, Moonbirds, and Goblintown have all lost up to 95% of their value in ETH.

Magic, a Web3 wallet-as-a-service provider, stated on May 31 that a strategic investment round, led by PayPal Ventures, had generated $52 million for the company. Venture capital firms Cherubic, Synchrony, KX, Northzone, and Volt Capital also participated in the investment round, increasing Magic’s total raised funds to more than $80 million.


Head of technology.

Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button