- DistriQ, Quantum Innovation Zone, based in Sherbrooke, announced the creation of Quantum Studio.
- Quantum Studio is a startup studio and support structure designed specifically to enable quantum innovators to research, develop, and refine their projects.
- This studio was created in collaboration with Quantnation Ventures and ACET (Accelerator for the Creation of Technological Companies).
- Picture: Newswire
PRESS RELEASE — DistriQ, Quantum Innovation Zone, based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, is pleased to announce the creation of Quantum Studio and its partnership with Quantnation Ventures and ACET (Accélérateur de Création d’Entreprises Technologiques).
Quantum Studio is a startup studio and support structure designed specifically to enable quantum innovators to research, develop and refine their projects with the aim of creating new and unique technological solutions for customers.
Quantum startups have specific characteristics that require the creation of an entire ecosystem: academic excellence, infrastructure, large talent pool, access to private and non-dilutive finance, and public support. Quantum Studio of DistriQ, Quantonation and ACET will bring these elements together to support a quantum startup that will become a global leader with support from the Université de Sherbrooke Institut Quantique.
The investment from Quantonation is a natural evolution to strengthen its presence, since 2018, in the Sherbrooke ecosystem. Since its initial investment in Nord Quantique, several portfolio companies have positioned their operations within DistriQ to leverage its world-class quantum infrastructure and talent. Quantum Studio will create high-quality deal streams from quantum leaders.
Christophe Jurczak, Managing partner of Quantonation Ventures, said, “Quantum Studio fulfills a strong need to reduce risk and accelerate the formation of companies born of deep and quantum physics technology research, strengthening channels of investment opportunities for computing, communications, and sensing. . Our investment in Quantum Studio is a strategic move based on the very positive progress we have experienced working with DistriQ and its wealth of quantum talent in the innovation zone. We envision several similar initiatives in leading the worldwide connected quantum ecosystem. We are committed to supporting innovators with the utmost confidence that the solutions developed will be robust solutions that provide significant commercial advantages.”
DistriQ effectively combines research, teaching, entrepreneurship and industry, thereby fostering a world-class environment conducive to quantum innovation, such as:
- Espace Quantique 1, opening in Sherbrooke early fall 2023. The 50,000 square foot (4,600 square meter) building will be the most expansive and comprehensive commercially focused quantum center. It brings together the leading minds in quantum technology with the most equipped joint commercial quantum development laboratory.
- Université de Sherbrooke – has world-renowned expertise in quantum science and quantum technology and actively contributes to the training of highly qualified workforce in this important sector.
- Tech sector and innovative manufacturing hub to empower entrepreneurs to accelerate time to market for pioneering solutions.
ACET is a Sherbrooke-based business accelerator whose mission is partly to support quantum enterprises throughout Quebec. The organization has supported over a dozen companies in this area, its expertise enables companies incubated at Studio to benefit from a recognized service and network of accelerators and an extensive network of specialized trainers, including quantum experts, who can support start-ups across various aspects of their business journey. .
Richard St-Pierre, Managing Director of DistriQ – Quantum Innovation Zone, added, “Quantum Studio is a strong and unprecedented next step to accelerate quantum innovation. By providing a leading global platform for quantum scientists and entrepreneurs to fulfill their ambitions, we empower them to successfully realize their transformative ideas. We are very proud to be part of this leap in the evolution of the quantum field, and proud to strengthen our relationship with Quantonation Ventures, the global leader in quantum investing. We expect other Quebec funds and funding partners to join this initiative in the coming months.”