On this week’s podcast, our guest is Waku Robotics founder and CEO, Victor Splittgerber. We talked about the recent Logimat trade show and the state of the AMR market in Europe.
Listen to this article
On this week’s show, we talk to Robotics Time founder and CEO Victor Splittgerber about the recent Logimat trade show in Europe. Victor also gave us his thoughts on the state of the AMR/AGV market in Europe and how the Lotsofbots website is becoming an important resource for new users of autonomous mobile robots.
The company developed a useful fleet management software solution for mixed AMR/AGV fleets.
News of the Week
- Wiferion acquired by Tesla
- The Indy Autonomous Challenge sets an autonomous vehicle speed record at Monza Raceway
- PoliMOVE finished its final lap in 2:05.87 on the 5.79 kilometer / 3.6 mile track, with 11 laps, reaching a top speed of 273.4 KPH (169.8 MPH). Beating the odds, AI PoliMOVE driver drove the spare AV-21 race car due to the crash of his original car during practice earlier in the week.
- Compared to human-piloted racing cars, the maximum speed reached in a 2022 Formula One car is 356.4 km/h (221.5 mph).)
- (April 2022) Indy Autonomous Challenge (IAC) race car, the Dallara AV-21 programmed by the PoliMOVE team from Politecnico di Milano (Italy) and the University of Alabama (USA), set a new land speed world record of 192.2 MPH / 309.3 KPH at the historic Kennedy Space Center this week.
- evoBOT completed its first test at Munich Airport
- evoBOT can reach a maximum speed of up to 60 km/h (approx. 37 MPH) and can carry loads of up to 100 kg (over 220 lbs).
- SoftBank offers to acquire Balyo shares
- Balyoa robotics company with nearly 18 years of experience in the industry, will soon be under new ownership. Soft Bank Group has entered into an agreement to acquire a 41.8% stake in the company for €11.8 million, approximately $12.9 million.
- The company hopes to finalize the deal during the final quarter of 2023.